× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN214 - Error since 6.6.0 : Failed to read cloud owner from the configuration

Cronos_IT
Aspirant

RN214 - Error since 6.6.0 : Failed to read cloud owner from the configuration

Hi,

I have a problem on my RN204 since the upgrade to 6.6.0.

Error message :

Failed to read cloud owner from the configuration.
Code: 24001020002

ReadyCloud connection is disabled : i can't turn it on or join. (See printscreen in french)

ReadyCloud.PNG

Capture2.PNG

It was not a major problem still i have to define a new share : I can't define permissions on shares.

I have 4 other NAS (RN212 6.6.0), all of them are ok with the same ReadyCloud account.

AccessRightsDefinition.PNG

I was thinking about :

- reset my NAS, but i can't save all datas.

- delete and re-create the readycloud account, but the only way to find the account is by SSH (cat /etc/passwd) and i don't want to alter the system.

If anyone have a suggestion, i will appreciate it!

Benoît

(Frenchie... "Lesson One, Part Two : Brian is in the kitchen!!!" So excuse my language Smiley Wink )

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS 204
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
Cronos_IT
Aspirant

Re: RN214 - Error since 6.6.0 : Failed to read cloud owner from the configuration

Finally, the reset is the answer! Smiley Frustrated

Not the one i prefer, but it's now working.

I hope it's going on for a long time ^^

See ya

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN214 - Error since 6.6.0 : Failed to read cloud owner from the configuration

Hello Cronos_IT,

I have some questions that I summarized below:

• Is this your initial setup for the ReadyNAS?
  • How many disks are inserted?
  • Were/was the disk used on a another NAS that they/it have/has stored files?
  • Under Shares tab, what are the shares listed?
  • Do you have backup copy of the files?
  • Is the NAS integrated to AD?
  • What does it exactly show under Cloud? Please post a screenshot.
  •  

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 12
Cronos_IT
Aspirant

Hello,

• Is this your initial setup for the ReadyNAS?
    • No, it's my first ReadyNAS, i should have reset it 2 or 3 times.
  • How many disks are inserted?
    • Actually 4, 2 by 2 in RAID1.
  • Were/was the disk used on a another NAS that they/it have/has stored files?
    • No, all the disks were bought new.
  • Under Shares tab, what are the shares listed?
    • I have deleted the typicals Shares like Documents, Pictures, Music. Actually there is 6 Shares on the first volume and 4 on the other, but it may change.
  • Do you have backup copy of the files?
    • Only for the first volume (2x1To), not for the second (2x4To) but i'm backuping it in the next 24h.
  • Is the NAS integrated to AD?
    • No, it's in a local group.
  • What does it exactly show under Cloud? Please post a screenshot.
    • My RN204 is grey, not accessible. As it is shut down. All my RN212 are available. I can't post a screen shot of it, the other NAS are named by my clients names so i can't show that.

I'm actually backuping my files (ironic situation! Backuping a backup! lol), i must have a new share whith rights tonight so i think about reset the ReadyNAS and hope it will be fine!

Message 3 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Cronos_IT,

To be clear, we are talking about your RN204, not about your other NAS units.

You have posted 2 screenshots on your first post, I supposed that is from the RN204, can you get to Cloud tab in the admin page? Can you post a screenshot of it?

Regards,

Message 4 of 12
Cronos_IT
Aspirant

Oh, ok!

The first screenshot is the Cloud page :

Cloud.PNG

Message 5 of 12
StephenB
Guru

Is the NAS using DHCP to get its IP address (the default), or have you set up a static address?

Message 6 of 12
Cronos_IT
Aspirant

The NAS is using DHCP to get its IP address.

The Network is set to : Adaptive Load Balancing

There is no problem with the network connection, the shares are available, the antivirus database is up to date, the webhosting is available. 

There is only a problem with the ReadyCloud sync, and the shares permissions.

All the others services are on Green Flag!

Message 7 of 12
StephenB
Guru

Does anything change with ReadyCloud if you remove the second NIC cable?  My guess is no, but its worth a shot.

Message 8 of 12
Cronos_IT
Aspirant

Eeeeeehhhhh ... no :'(

Message 9 of 12
StephenB
Guru

The SMB permissions problem is probably the one to tackle first, since it suggests something is seriously wrong.

How full are the volumes (%)?  Is the permission problem on both of them, or just one?

Making a backup is a good idea - Netgear support might be able to fix the issue w/o a reset, but a reset (though painful) is probably the most direct path to fix the issues.

Message 10 of 12
Cronos_IT
Aspirant

Volumes are :

Vol1 : 30-40% used

Vol2 : 10% used

It's on the second volume i have to create new shares. I've tested on the first one and it's the same problem.

I can't define permissions on new shares neither change permissions on existing shares... 

I have backup all my files and configuration.

I will reset the NAS tonight and hope the problem will not reappear!!! Suspense...

Message 11 of 12
Cronos_IT
Aspirant

Finally, the reset is the answer! Smiley Frustrated

Not the one i prefer, but it's now working.

I hope it's going on for a long time ^^

See ya

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements