× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN3138 Slow Performance

hhh389587
Aspirant

RN3138 Slow Performance

Hi All

We have a RN 3138 With 3 shares when accessing the share it can be very very slow at times some directories have about 300 files and it takes awhile for the directories to populate with the files. the Nas is running 6.5.2 the Anti-virus is turned off any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. We bonded all 4 ethernet ports to LACP layer 2+3.

Model: RN3138|ReadyNAS 3138 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 12
c3po
NETGEAR Expert

Could you please let us know the switch model RN3138 is connected to? I am going to see if I can find similar switch and reproduce this issue. Thanks. 

Message 2 of 12
hhh389587
Aspirant

Hi

A correction we have the readynas 3138 and it is connected to a juniper 3300 network switch.

Thank You

Message 3 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Also are you using Mac/Windows/Linux? Which version of that OS are you using?

Which protocol are you seeing this with (e.g. SMB)?

Message 4 of 12
hhh389587
Aspirant

we are using Mac OSX El Capitan and the protocol smb

Message 5 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There are some backend settings changes we can make that can help with directory listing performance.

Do you only have Macs or do you have Windows machines as well?

Message 6 of 12
hhh389587
Aspirant

We only have Mac machines can you please describe the changes so I can perform them asap the slow performance is very very bothersome. I greatly appreciate your help.

Thank You

Message 7 of 12
hhh389587
Aspirant

If it helps we also upgraded the Ram to it's Max capacity but the performance is still very slow.

Message 8 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Did you get my PM?

Message 9 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There are a lot of network errors showing for your bond (see network_settings.log). Have you configured the switch correctly to match how the NAS is configured?

What's the performance like if you disable NIC bonding/teaming?

Message 10 of 12
hhh389587
Aspirant

We tried the nic teaming LACP mode on the readynas end only it was slow tried readynas with no Nic bonding samething slow just yesterday we setup the link aggeration on the network switch end to active lacp still the samething.

Message 11 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Have you tested the performance connecting the NAS directly to one of your Macs?

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements