× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN516 CPU Temp Spike to 140 Deg F after Installing Plex

mattmarlowe
Guide

RN516 CPU Temp Spike to 140 Deg F after Installing Plex

I had a number of educational videos that I wanted to stream from the ReadyNAS to our Amazon FireTV for my kids and clicked on the 'install plex server' addon yesterday.

Since that time, the management services shutdow once and the system had to be rebooted via holding down the power button for five seconds.  Also, CPU Temp seems to have increased to as much as 140 Deg F. 

Previously, there hasn't been any signifcant issues with system availability and the cpu temp always stayed in the 90-107 Deg F range.

Being able to support plex, especially real time transcoding, was one of the reasons I choose the RN516 model when deciding to move forward with purchasing ReadyNAS.  I haven't done anything unusual with the plesk server settings. The only real config has been telling it which shares to export as photos, videos, and music and having it update its media index, with thumbnails, once/day.

Time to uninstall this app?

Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Which firmware version are you running?

Message 2 of 3
mattmarlowe
Guide

The 516 is under 6 months old and came with 6.2.4 - so far there hasn't been a compelling reason to upgrade to a beta..so it is still running 6.2.4.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements