× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN516 in "Booting..." Mode for 22.5 Straight Hours

JediChric
Aspirant

RN516 in "Booting..." Mode for 22.5 Straight Hours

I updated my RN516 firmware from 6.2.4 to 6.4.0.  Now, it will not do anything besides display "Booting..." on the main screen.  I let it sit there from 6pm on Sunday to 4:30 pm the next day (22.5 hours) and it didn't move.  I researched the steps to get the boot menu by holding the reset button and powering it on, and nothing happens.  It just keeps saying "Booting..." 

As of right now, my NAS has been down since Saturday night.  It won't even read my USB to boot from USB.  It is effectively a $1,200 paperweight.  PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JediChric
Aspirant

Re: RN516 in "Booting..." Mode for 22.5 Straight Hours

I really don't have a solution.  I continued contact with support, but was unable to reflash the OS back to 6.2.4 because the NAS wouldn't read any of the three USB drives I had.  I am waiting on a new NAS.  

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello JediChric,

It appears you have already contacted support center. You currently have a case opened via Email support.

Please continue working on the case as it may also lead to L3 escalation.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
JediChric
Aspirant

I really don't have a solution.  I continued contact with support, but was unable to reflash the OS back to 6.2.4 because the NAS wouldn't read any of the three USB drives I had.  I am waiting on a new NAS.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements