× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RNDU4000 showing 100% Full and can not seem to get it back down #25541905

mlswayze
Aspirant

RNDU4000 showing 100% Full and can not seem to get it back down #25541905

Help!!

My RNDU4000 has a recent issue.  I am using this a a Backup device from my newer NAS as well as misc storage.  Recently, my storage capacity is showing more and more used, and after the backup from this weekend, it is not 100% full.  I can move files off of it and place to another loaction.  I have moved aprox 300 GIG and it still shows full.  I have ran Volume Maintenance "Disk Scrubbing as well as File System Consistency Check"  Both show no issues or errors.  I have upgraded it to the latest software (4.2.27) In hopes this will get it out of its error status.  I do not see anything like "SnapShots" like my newer Nas (6.2.4).  My recycle bins are empty.  Error Log shows NO errors, just the successful results from my tests.  I am running 4 (1 Terrabyte Segate) Drives  It is set to Raid Level X-Raid2, 4 Disks. Redundant

Please help as I am desperate.  This is out of warranty and I can not afford to pay 75.00 per incident. 

Thanking you in advance for your assiatance.

Message 1 of 4
vandermerwe
Master

Re: RNDU4000 showing 100% Full and can not seem to get it back down #25541905

In the Volume tab in Frontview, is there any space allocated to snapshot?

Can you disable all the recycle bins,

Do you have ssh enabled?

Message 2 of 4
mlswayze
Aspirant

Issue resolved!

Found that when I have my newer NAS backup to this one, my RNDU4000 was also receiveing the Snapshots that reside on my newer NAS as well.  I had the snapshots removed from the backup folder and then turn off the snapshot feature on the new NAS and all is good now.  It appears that maybe there will be a update sometime soon that will help prevent the snapshots from bieng backup'd as well at some time.

Message 3 of 4
vandermerwe
Master

What backup protocol are you using for your nas to nas backup?  If you used rsync it is simply a matter of putting 'snapshot'  into the exclusions list. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements