× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RNDU6000 (ReadyNAS Ultra 6) – Frontview not accessible

NasMan_AU
Aspirant

RNDU6000 (ReadyNAS Ultra 6) – Frontview not accessible

Hello everyone and appreciate any help at all.

Have used this forum a lot over the years as I have owned the above ReadyNas since 2012.

The problem is esentially that all access to front view has stopped along with access to the shares.

Nas is configured for Raid 6 - 6 x 3Tb drives - all the same brand and age

I had SMB and CIFS configured but no SSH

Data is backed up - all good - took notice of a lot of advice from this forum - but the display of the actual unit is advising that the data is taking up 8Gb of 10Gb so it looks as if the data is also intact on this nas.... just inaccessible.

I do have access to:

Raidar - latest version - mac 6.3-T1

Here it tells me that the nas is "healthy" and i have green ticks in all drives, running FW 4.2.30. I select either the "admin" or browse" buttons and for the former i get "err conn refused" and "cannot find share" for the second.

The Nas has been performing flawlessly for a year (since the last drive upgrade) and i powered it down in order to protect it from a rather nasty lightining storm on Saturday. I live in Brisbane, Australia where it is semi tropical and we get strong thunder storms... i am currently on my 4th UPS since 2012.

Therefore the problem seems to be not one of data recovery but more of actually accessing the data itself. I would be most appreciative if anyone could assist.

Thanks in advance.

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP600U|ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Plus Chassis only
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RNDU6000 (ReadyNAS Ultra 6) – Frontview not accessible

Your 4GB root partition inodes were fully used. You should install the Toggle ReadyDLNA CacheDir add-on so that the ReadyDLNA cache directory is changed to be on the data volume. Otherwise this problem will quickly come back.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Your 4GB root partition inodes were fully used. You should install the Toggle ReadyDLNA CacheDir add-on so that the ReadyDLNA cache directory is changed to be on the data volume. Otherwise this problem will quickly come back.

Message 2 of 3
NasMan_AU
Aspirant

Thank you Mdgm,

I cannot thank you enough your response was so fast and your service fantastic. Your suggestion to install toggle_ReadyDLNA CacheDir add-on was awesome and has now fixed the problem permanently. For those reading this mdgm still had to remote to my nas and fix the problem as described above. For anyone else looking for this updated DLNA add-on that moved my cache to my data directory, it is found here https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/ReadyDLNA-OS-Partition-Usage/m-p/829401#M11295 

Once again mdgm your a champion bloke and if you are ever in AUS I owe you a beer.

Cheers!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements