× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RNDX4000 doesn't power on anymore

bio71
Initiate

RNDX4000 doesn't power on anymore

Hi all,

I power off my RNDX4000 and pull off the power cord from the wall.

After a week I have tried powering on the NAS, but it doesn't power on anymore.

All leds on the front panel are turned off and also the display is black.

Only leds I see light on are:

1) the ethernet green led in the back

1) an amber led on the motherboard, permenently on.

NAS is filled with 4 x 2TB HDD where I put, among other important files, all family photos!

HDD are on RAID, but I don't remember what is the RAID type.

I suspect a PSU failure.

Please can anyone confirm this?

In that case should I have two options:

1) buy a replacemnt PSU

2) try someway to recover my data

Unfortunately NAS is no more covered by the 5-years warranty.

Any other suggestion?

The amber light posizione on the NAS motherboradThe amber light posizione on the NAS motherboradThe amber light permanently lights onThe amber light permanently lights onPower supply disassembled from the NASPower supply disassembled from the NAS

Many thanks

Marco

Model: ReadyNAS RNDX4000|ReadyNAS NVX Chassis only
Message 1 of 2
bio71
Initiate

Rif.: RNDX4000 doesn't power on anymore

Solved.

I received zero replies to my post, peraphs it was a too stupid question for all of you or peraphs none was interested.

Any case thanks to all guys read my question.

I have connected the NAS to a PSU from an old PC I had at home.

The NAS is now 100% working, so the NAS didn't power-on because the original PSU "Seventeam ST-220FUB-5E" was fault.

Here it's how I solved, hoping it could help anyone has an out-of-warranty Netgear NAS that do not power-on anymore and wants to check if the troubles are caused by a defective PSU using a zero-cost old ATX PSU.

20170816_150505.jpg

As the RNDX4000 uses a modified ATX power connector, before to connect the PSU ATX 20-pin cable to the NAS, I have modified the PSU pinout as showed in document ReadyNAS_PSU_pinout.pdf, by removing the two –12V(Blue) and –5V(White) cables and replacing these with two +5V cables I found in a 12V 4-pin power connector that is also available on the PC ATX.

A lot of video tutiorial show how to remove the molex connector from the 20-pin ATX port.

Unfortunately the replacing PSU do not fit the NAS case, but for me this a little problem.

Model: ReadyNAS RNDX4000|ReadyNAS NVX Chassis only
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements