× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RSYNC issue after adding hard drive

adityakumar
Follower

RSYNC issue after adding hard drive

Hi,

I have added the one hard drive on slot-5, already added 4 drive previously and added new drive into slot 5. after added hard drive it's showing space in volume but rsync is not running and after added and without rsync is going on online state. Also, netgear is going on hang totally and not able to copy and paste into share drive.

Mode number :: ReadyNAS 316 

Firmware :: 6.6.1

please see the log below::

Tue Mar 21 2017 20:30:57
System: The system is shutting down.
Tue Mar 21 2017 20:28:09
System: The system is rebooting.
Tue Mar 21 2017 20:00:27
Disk: Disk in channel 5 (Internal) changed state from RESYNC to ONLINE.
Tue Mar 21 2017 19:57:07
Disk: Disk Model:TOSHIBA MD03ACA400V Serial:XXXXXXXXXXX  was added to Channel 5 of the head unit.
Tue Mar 21 2017 19:55:45
Disk: Disk Model:TOSHIBA MD03ACA400V Serial:XXXXXXXXXXX was removed from Channel 5 of the head unit.
Tue Mar 21 2017 19:47:47
Disk: Disk in channel 5 (Internal) changed state from RESYNC to ONLINE.
Tue Mar 21 2017 19:42:47

Disk: Disk Model:TOSHIBA MD03ACA400V Serial:45UEK2QJFNWA was added to Channel 5 of the head unit.

Model: RN31662E|ReadyNAS 316 6-Bay
Message 1 of 3
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RSYNC issue after adding hard drive

Hello adityakumar,

I'm sorry but RSYNC is a protocol we use for backing up. I think what you are referring to is resync for volume expansion since you have added your 5ht disk to the already existing 4-disk RAID. Please confirm.

Also, I have some questions to ask. See them below:

• What is the size of the already existing 4-disks?
  • What is the RAID level?
  • What is the size of the 5th disk?
  • Can you please post a screen capture of admin page > Volume where it shows the image of the ReadyNAS bay where you have inserted the disks?
  • Do you already have files stored to the ReadyNAS volume?
  • If so, do you have backup?

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RSYNC issue after adding hard drive

Hello adityakumar,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements