× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Raidar 6.1 Virus??

orb
Tutor
Tutor

Raidar 6.1 Virus??

Hi all,

I've just fired up my computer this morning and got a virus detection flashed up from Avira telling me that 'Raidar 6.1.exe'

has now been put into quarantine. Apparently it's had a detection related 'TR/Samca.geygb' trojen/virus..  Any info on this please?

Many Thanks indeed.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Raidar 6.1 Virus??

Hi orb,

Its the first time that I have heard of the RAIDar being detected as virus. I checked and there were no reported issues of it. Lets wait if other users experience some issues.

Also, you could try checking with Avira support; the software might be flagging the RAIDar as a virus.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi orb,

Its the first time that I have heard of the RAIDar being detected as virus. I checked and there were no reported issues of it. Lets wait if other users experience some issues.

Also, you could try checking with Avira support; the software might be flagging the RAIDar as a virus.

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
Screwdriver1
Tutor

Same here......Avira just tagged it and sent to quarantine.....Same message as OP.  

Message 3 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That's odd. I guess it's probably a false positive from Avira's anti-virus scan.

I agree it would be good if you could contact Avira so they could check things out from their end.

Message 4 of 8
orb
Tutor
Tutor

Ok.. Avira confirmed a false possitive.. And will amend their definitions file in next update.
Message 5 of 8
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi orb,

Thank you so much for the information. Please let us know of the progress from Avira so that other community users will be aware as well.

Regards,

Message 6 of 8
orb
Tutor
Tutor

Avira have today updated their definition files.. Raidar 6.1 is now clear & not detected as infected anymore.

Message 7 of 8
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi orb,

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements