× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Raidar & Windows 10

Cdee
Aspirant

Raidar & Windows 10

Hi,

I've upgraded to windows 10 (Clean install) and I can map my ReadyNas NV+ (V1) and see the drive no problem. Raidar however can only see the drive either V6 or 4.3.8 every once in a while, most of the time it fails to detect the Nas drive. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 13
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you temporarily disable the firewall you are using does that make any difference?

Message 2 of 13
Cdee
Aspirant

I've tried disabling windows firewall and Kaspersky but it makes no difference 😞

Message 3 of 13
StephenB
Guru

Are you using wifi?

The discovery protocol uses udp broadcast packets, and sometimes ethernet handles them better.

Message 4 of 13
Cdee
Aspirant

I'm using wired ethernet 😞

Message 5 of 13
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Cdee,

There must be something else blocking it, have you checked Windows firewall too?

Do you get the same results on RAIDar when you use antoher computer on the same network where the NAS is?

Regards,

Message 6 of 13
Cdee
Aspirant

Hi,

yes the same result with windows firewall disabled. The PC is dual boot (win 7 & Win 10). Windows 7 works fine, raidar finds the nas drive in a few seconds.

Message 7 of 13
StephenB
Guru

Is Windows 10 configured to use the same workgroup of the NAS?  Also is Windows 10 classifying your network as "private"?

Message 8 of 13
Cdee
Aspirant

Hi,

yes WIN 10 and the NAS have the workgroup name set to "WORKGROUP" and the network is set to private.

Message 9 of 13
Cdee
Aspirant

This appears to be an issue related to kaspersky Antivirus version 16. if I disable KAV then raidar does not work, however if I unistall KAV then Raidar works everytime. So KAV must be changing something with its installation that  disabling does not change.

hmmmm!

Message 10 of 13
StephenB
Guru

@Cdee wrote:

This appears to be an issue related to kaspersky Antivirus version 16. if I disable KAV then raidar does not work, however if I unistall KAV then Raidar works everytime. So KAV must be changing something with its installation that  disabling does not change.

Try disabling the KAV firewall and network attack blocker.

Message 11 of 13
Cdee
Aspirant

There is no firewall or Network Attack blocker in KAV as far as I am aware these are components of KIS, I onlu have Kaspersky Antivirus, not Kaspersky Internet Security. 😞

Message 12 of 13
StephenB
Guru

@Cdee wrote:

There is no firewall or Network Attack blocker in KAV as far as I am aware these are components of KIS, I onlu have Kaspersky Antivirus, not Kaspersky Internet Security. 😞

Sorry - I thought I'd seen a reference to those in a KAV manual. 

Have you asked Kaspersky?

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements