× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Read ReadyNAS Ultra 2-drive in Windows 7?

Maggern
Follower

Read ReadyNAS Ultra 2-drive in Windows 7?

Hello!

I've had som major problems with the Barracuda 2 TB Green-drive that was included in my purchase. It kept dying!
I've now bought another drive and replaced the Barracuda-drive. However, on the Barracuda-drive I had some files that I would like to keep.

I've now connected the drive to my Windows 7 computer, but Windows are not able to read the linux partitions....

What is the easiest way to transfer the files on the Barracuda-drive to another drive (usb etc.)? Any tool for Windows 7 that will work?

Regards
Maggern
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Read ReadyNAS Ultra 2-drive in Windows 7?

Was this the only drive in the v2?
The NAS uses ext format (since it is a linux box). Windows by default doesn't understand ext.

Option (1) There are some freeware software packages that will work with windows, for instance ext2fsd.

Option (2) is to get a USB adapter kit, and plug the barracuda into the USB slot of the duo.

Option (3) is to power down the NAS, take out the old drive, put in the original, power up, and copy the files. Then power it down again, put the new drive back, and power it up.

I'd try (3) first myself.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements