× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ready NAS 2120 Connection issue

zum
Follower
Follower

Ready NAS 2120 Connection issue

Recently I've been having an issue with my Readynas.  One day I discovered I couldn't connect to the Web interface admin page.  I then opened RAIDar which didn't discover my unit.  So I decided to power it down and turn it back on.  I was then able to discover my ReadyNas using RAIDar and ssh into my device, but that only lasted for about 15 minutes, then I could no longer connect again or stay connected.  If I turn off the device again, I can then get back into to my ReadyNas for about 15 minutes, then the same issue. 

When I cannot connect by either ssh or the web interface the Readynas is powered on and all the lights are blinking as expected. I just can connect to it unless I hit the power switch on and off.

Firmware is 6.5.1. I plan on updating if I can stay on it log enough for the update to run. 🙂

Any ideas?

Model: RN21241E|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4- Bay
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Don't update it until you can get it to stay booted longer.

Did you check for a full OS partition?

Message 2 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

To check for a full OS partition on an ARM system such as the RN2120 you would run these two commands (to see if full by space used or by inode usage):

# df -h
# df -i

If there is plenty of free space are you able to download your logs and send those in (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements