× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ready NAS Duo v2 - dont see model and firmware in RAIDair

Madaxus
Aspirant

Ready NAS Duo v2 - dont see model and firmware in RAIDair

Hello,

I have huge problem with my ReadyNAS Duo v2. Everytime when i turn it on everything looks fine, but when i try to find it in my network by using RAIDar it is visable without and model and firmware. When i trying to get to admin page it shows me error (cant find the page). Both disks are tested and formated (PC shows both disk status as GOOD).

I was trying connect my NAS directly to my PC ( i set subnet 192.168.168.168) and the situation repeated. It looks like there is no firmware at all... My NAS was unused for about a year, before everything was alright.

I was also trying OS reinstall with USB Recovery Tool but it fails too.

Someone have any suggestions? I will be greatful for your support.

Product number: RND2000-200EUS

Screen in the attachement

Model: ReadyNAS RND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Ready NAS Duo v2 - dont see model and firmware in RAIDair

That screenshot shows “No Disks Detected”. If the disks are fine that suggests a hardware issue with the chassis, not a problem on the internal flash.

It’s normal for it to not show the model when in the “No Disks Detected” error state.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That screenshot shows “No Disks Detected”. If the disks are fine that suggests a hardware issue with the chassis, not a problem on the internal flash.

It’s normal for it to not show the model when in the “No Disks Detected” error state.
Message 2 of 5
Madaxus
Aspirant

Hello mdgm,

Thank you for your answer. I was almost 100% sure it does not depends on disks hmm... I will try with two new disks today evening and check it again. 

Message 3 of 5
Madaxus
Aspirant

That was exacly HDDs. I was sure that the system files arent located on HDDs. I guess its solved, with new hdds everything works fine 🙂

Thanks again for your support.

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Madaxus wrote:

I was sure that the system files arent located on HDDs.

The operating system, ReadyNAS application software, and configuration settings are all stored on the HDDs.  These are in their own (small) partitions which are mirrored on all disks.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements