× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 102 update 6.5.1 and 6.5.2 DLNA not showing all files on devices.

RickPolaski
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 102 update 6.5.1 and 6.5.2 DLNA not showing all files on devices.

ReadyNAS 102 update 6.5.1 and 6.5.2 DLNA not showing all files on devices. After updating from 6.5.0 I am now missing folders and files, they won't show up. missing 27 from one folder but will show some new folders that have been added, it cuts off part way into the letter W and no new files showing up in another folder. I have had no issues until updating the firmware. I have rebooted, rescanned, shutdown. I have removed the server from all 3 SONY blu-ray players and shut them down and started back up adding the server. 

What else should I try? is there some limit to the number of folders or files I can place in one folder? Why would it show newly added folders but not the last 27 that have always been there? 

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 102 update 6.5.1 and 6.5.2 DLNA not showing all files on devices.

Were these files showing up before?  If not, were you adding new media files to the folders around the time you upgraded?

Message 2 of 9
RickPolaski
Aspirant

Yes, the missing files were there before the upgrades. I could see and use them on my device's. 

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 3 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Sometimes an odd media file might cause the DLNA scanner to crash - perhaps a file with corrupt tags, or misnamed (an avi with an mp4 file extension for example). 

There is a debug toggle for older ReadyNAS, but AFAIK there is none for OS6.  You could try downloading the logs though, there might be something in upnp-av.log that gives you a clue.

Perhaps try moving the "W" files to a different share temporarily, and rescan.  If the other files return, then there's something going on in the W folder.

Message 4 of 9
RickPolaski
Aspirant

Well, It kind of works. Here's the deal, I have a folder listed movies, one that says TV shows, Sports, and so on. What had happened is that after updating to 6.5.2 my movie folder stopped showing anything after part way through the letter W so I made a 2nd movie folder and cut and paste the 27 files that were no longer showing up, now they do in the new folder. I also add a new season folder to an existing folder which did not show up on the DLNA devices but when adding for folder to season 19 it shows up. So as much as I would like to say that its a file with corrupt tags or misnamed that is not the case. I have also added 15 files to the movie folder and they show up but none after part way through the letter W. I also rolled back the two updates and that did not fix the issue. So does anyone else have any ideas? why would folders stop showing up after a (Were) was the work but after moving it to another folder it works fine and shows all 27 files that did not show up in the other folder. 

Message 5 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Did you see anything in the logs that might give a clue?

Message 6 of 9
RickPolaski
Aspirant

Nope, the logs show nothing that will help or explain the issue.

Message 7 of 9
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello RickPolaski,

You might want to update to 6.6.0.

Regards,

Message 8 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Ok.  One option might be to install plex, and see how it behaves.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements