× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 104 ERR: Could not mount boot flash

kekkonj
Follower

ReadyNAS 104 ERR: Could not mount boot flash

Hi

I let the web GUI to upgrade the original fw version from the 6.2.0 for the couple of subsequent versions (rebooted the box between) and then finally the box didn't come up anymore but told me in the LCD the error message "ERR: Could not mount boot flash". I'm not sure which version of the fw it was upgrading when this happened as the browser didn't show any valid information of the box then anymore. Is there any way to figure out, which fw version upgrade there was when the upgrade failed or is the only chance to get the box back online ordering the new flash chip from the Netgear for the box?

Does the USB Recovery provide here any help and if so, what's the procedure or is that some proprietary information that only Netgear provides?

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I manually formatted the internal flash.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

This post might help: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/NAS-won-t-do-factory-reset-booting/m-p/1004640/...

It suggests using USB recovery to get back to 6.2.5, and then trying to go forward again.

Message 2 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

USB Boot Recovery direct to 6.6.1 should work.

I have sent a PM with an alternative suggestion.

Message 3 of 7
cpukramer
Aspirant

Hello ...

I am having the exact same issue and I've tried the USB recovery to 6.6.1 and 6.5.2 but it is still not working.  The RN sees the USB stick and says "ReadyNAS USB Recovery" but it only lasts about 20 seconds and then it powers right off.  When I turn it back on it gives me the same error message.  RAIDar seems to reflect the "new" firmware after this.  What else can I try??  Please help - I very much appreciate any suggestions.

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 4 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I've sent you a PM.

Message 5 of 7
cpukramer
Aspirant

THANK YOU - mdgm.  Whatever voodoo you did was just what I needed.  Very much appreciated.

Message 6 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I manually formatted the internal flash.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements