× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 104 Failed - What was the firmware version?

corneg
Initiate

ReadyNAS 104 Failed - What was the firmware version?

Hi there,

My RadyNAS 104 chassis failed last week, not starting up at all. I've purchased a NAS 314 unit and want to transfer the hard drives over but my understanding is that the firmware has to be the same version. Is there any way to know what the firmware version was on the 104 unit that failed?

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 104 Failed - What was the firmware version?

Hi @corneg

Welcome to the Community!

You can check it from the logs, but since it's not operational that might not be possible. You can migrate the disks and insert them on the same order on the RN314 and it should boot normally since they are both OS 6 devices.

You can also use a spare disk and setup the RN314 and update it first then insert the disks from RN104 after so you can be sure that the firmware is updated.

The latest firmware would be OS 6.9.4

Hope this helps!

Regards.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @corneg

Welcome to the Community!

You can check it from the logs, but since it's not operational that might not be possible. You can migrate the disks and insert them on the same order on the RN314 and it should boot normally since they are both OS 6 devices.

You can also use a spare disk and setup the RN314 and update it first then insert the disks from RN104 after so you can be sure that the firmware is updated.

The latest firmware would be OS 6.9.4

Hope this helps!

Regards.

Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Are you certain it was the RN104 chassis, and not the power adapter?

The RN314's power adapter is compatible, so you could try using that with the RN104, and see if it boots.

Message 3 of 4
corneg
Initiate

Thanks gents, that worked. Just switched the drives.

Tried the power supply too, definitely the unit that's dead. At least I have a spare power supply now 🙂

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements