× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 104 Stuck on Booting after FW Upgrade

spleenrippa
Follower

ReadyNAS 104 Stuck on Booting after FW Upgrade

Like many others, my 104 is putting up a good fight after a firmware upgrade. It stays on "booting..." indefinitely. It won't even respond to a proper (3x button presss) power-down.

I have to admit I am not sure what firmware I upgraded to. I had logged into the web interface a few nights ago and a pop-up asked me to upgrade. It was late and I wasn't paying attention, so "sure, why not." The update seemed to install fine, but after the unit restarted it was stuck on "booting..." I left it overnight just in case, to no avail. I hadn't updated the firmware since I purchased the unit last November, though.

I was running 2x 2Tb Seagate drives and took the following actions:

- OS Reinstall with both disks in, disk 1 removed, or disk 2 removed... "booting..."

- Factory reset... "booting..."

- Normal boot... "booting..."

I had 2x 3Tb WD Reds coming anyway and those arrived today. I pulled the plug, took out the Seagates and put the 2 brand new Reds in.

- Started up in boot menu and chose a factory reset. Nothing else comes up on the display- the unit hums and clicks for a second, and then "booting..."

I can't access the web interface and the unit isn't recognized by RAIDar. I'm at my wits end, here. Any suggestions? 😞

Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 104 Stuck on Booting after FW Upgrade

Did you see this thread?  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/RN104-Stuck-quot-Booting-quot-after-automatic-6...

If you are seeing similar light patterns/display messages perhaps you also need the boot recovery.

You could also contact support.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements