× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 214 (FW 6.7.1): Problems with DLNA Scanning

Seffo
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 214 (FW 6.7.1): Problems with DLNA Scanning

I have the occasional problem viewing some files (.mp4 so far) on DLNA devices (tested with PS3 and VLC for Andoid).

Renaming the files and hitting the 'Rescan' button in the ReadyDLNA settings seems to fix the problem temporarily, but within a few weeks, the same problem recurs with other files.

I've found forum posts from other users experiencing similar symptoms on older models and older firmware. I found the above suggestion in this thread from 2012:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/ReadyNAS-NV-v2-with-5-3-5-bugs-in-DLNA-scanning...

It seems to me to be an issue with the Auto Scan feature of ReadyDLNA.

Streaming media the primary reason I bought the RN214, so this is pretty frustrating!

Is anyone else having this issue? Is there anything that can be done about it?

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 4
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Seffo,

Firmware 6.7.3 is already available for download and update.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
Seffo
Aspirant

Thanks Jenn,

New firmware for me in less than 24hrs, not bad. Still room for improvement though Smiley Wink

I've read the release notes and couldn't find anything specifically relating to ReadyDLNA. I know they're not exhaustive but do you know that there have been improvements that address this problem? Of course, I'll be keeping an eye on things and will report back if the problem recurs again.

Some off-topic feedback: After updating to 6.7.3 (and 6.7.4), when browsing to the ReadyNAS' Admin Page, before the login window pops up, it incorrectly self-identifies as 6.7.1. The correct version is displayed once logged in, so it's relatively minor but causes confusion.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Seffo wrote:

when browsing to the ReadyNAS' Admin Page, before the login window pops up, it incorrectly self-identifies as 6.7.1. The correct version is displayed once logged in, so it's relatively minor but causes confusion.

Try clearing your browser cache.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements