× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 214 is not reconnected after windows sandby or hybernation state

Lupatico
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 214 is not reconnected after windows sandby or hybernation state

Hi all,

Ever since I bought and installed this nas it is up and running as a smooth machine.

For about 10 days or so there are problems reconnecting to the nas when windows (8.1) wakes up from standby or hybernation state. Error message: "Unable to reconnect to <drive-mapping>

This can only be solved by rebooting my laptop. This is very anoying.

I searched some days on te internet for an answer but found none.

The readynas is connected to a Netgear R6200 wifi router and from there with 4 laptops.

Kind regards,

Ludo

Message 1 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Never ran Windows 8, so can't tell you exactly how to get there, but try this:  Go to Computer Management/Device manger.  In Network adapters right-click on the adapter and select properties.  Then on the Power Management tab, uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

I don't think that will help with hybernation, but should with standby.

Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Imho you should not use hibernation at all.

- Rebooting got so fast with ssd (assuming you have that) > you dont need to hibernate instead.

- Waking up from hibernation successfully expects the workstation to be exactly in that condition as it was when going into hibernation > the slightest change increases probability to confuse the machine and fail to properly wake up.

- Allowing hibernation for your workstation will also generate a huge file on your ssd occupying some diskspace as large as your ram needs to be copied to when going to hibernate. Imagine you have 16GB ram and a 256GB ssd. Then hibernation would occupy about 6.25% of the available space on your ssd. Because it is doing nothing else than creating a snapshot of your ram and simply writing it to your ssd.

Message 3 of 4
Lupatico
Aspirant

Thanks for the responses.

I indead do have a SDD installed i my laptop. Perhaps better to shut down in stead of setting Windows in stand by.

That overcomes all the problems.....

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements