× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 314 crashes router

mallevev
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 314 crashes router

Hi All.

A little bit stuck on this one & as usual its all dues to the apps either not working or not playing nice together. How non-geeks ever use these I have no idea.

Anyway...

I installed NZBget which then broke the plex server. I read they use the same Apache2 database?

So plex would not launch or uninstall so I unistalled and reinstalled Apache, no luck so did OS reinstall.

This seemed to clean it up enough to reinstall plex.

Now however the NAS just crashes my home network. I have tried 2 routers. The standard plusnet router dies instantly. The N600 lasts a few mins before dropping.

I have uninstalled almost all apps using direct link to laptop, switched off IP6, done another OS install, deleted and reinstallled apache. Still hosing the network.

This evening I guess its a factory reset unless any of you geniuses have a better idea?

Pretty fed up with this NAS tbh, its not the first time the supported apps from the inbuilt apps page have broken something. Nice hardware but the software is pretty terrible. /rant

Thanks for any pointers

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Have you tried a direct connect?  If that doesn't fail it gives you a chance to get your data off anyway.

Only the Netgear-built apps are supported by Netgear btw.

Message 2 of 4
mallevev
Aspirant

Yeah Direct conection works ok so will get the data off when home.

Ill try wireshark later to see if I can find what its doing. More out of intrest than a hope of fixing it 🙂

Thx for the heads up on supported apps. Didnt know that. Actually it was ReadyNas photos II that broke it first time. Didnt work so I uninstalled. It left a file behind so admin would not load. Had just got it so SSH was not enabled. Had to get support to remote in. Just cos they made it does not mean it works either 🙂

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@mallevev wrote:

Yeah Direct conection works ok so will get the data off when home.

Ill try wireshark later to see if I can find what its doing. More out of intrest than a hope of fixing it 🙂

There were some issues a while ago with IPv6. So if IPv6 is enabled on your router, you could try disabling it on the NAS (and maybe the router too) and see if the problem resolves.

Thx for the heads up on supported apps. Didnt know that. Actually it was ReadyNas photos II that broke it first time. Didnt work so I uninstalled. It left a file behind so admin would not load. Had just got it so SSH was not enabled. Had to get support to remote in. Just cos they made it does not mean it works either 🙂

Yeah, but it does make it clear who's to blame Man Frustrated

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements