× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 600 won't boot, green power light flashes fast then slow

nchappers
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 600 won't boot, green power light flashes fast then slow

Any suggestions on how I can try and restore my ReadyNAS 600?

The unit powers on but the green power light just flashes. Starts fast, slows down, then all of the disk lights briefly flash before repeating the cycle again 😞

I have re-seated the memory and disks but this hasn't made any difference. I performed the memory test a couple of times and this completed successfully.

Does anybody have any instructions on how I can re-install the OS or boot the unit from a USB stick?

Many thanks
Neil

Model: ReadyNAS-600AB|ReadyNAS 600A / 600B
Message 1 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello nchappers,

Welcome to the community!

Maybe this will help: http://www.readynas.com/download/archive/pdf/ReadyNAS600_GettingStarted.pdf

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

This is an Infrant ReadyNAS 600, right (would be purchased over 10 years ago)?

Do you have a Rev A or Rev B?

Do you see any of these light patterns?: http://www.readynas.com/kb/faq/hardware/what_does_this_light_pattern_mean

Message 3 of 7
nchappers
Aspirant

Hi mdgm,

It's an Infrant ReadyNAS600 Rev B.

I've tried re-installing the firmware and now get the following - The power light slows down and the activity light starts flickering, after approximately10 seconds the activity light and all four disk lights flash and unit resets. If you listen carefully you can hear a fan power drop for a fraction of a second when all the lights flash.

Many thanks

Neil 

Message 4 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Could be a hardware issue of some kind. Hardly surprising with such an old unit.

Can you power down, remove your disks (label order) and test them using vendor tools (e.g. SeaTools if the disks are SeaGate disks)?

Message 5 of 7
nchappers
Aspirant

Thank you for your suggestions

It's definitely a hardware issue. I ended up moving the raid set to a ReadyNAS NV+ and it's booted and worked without any problems.

Message 6 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello nchappers,

We greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know that it is a hardware problem.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

Please feel free posting any suggestions/comments or questions about your NETGEAR product.

Regards,

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements