× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo V1 - Boot Problem

DClayton1981
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Duo V1 - Boot Problem

I have a problem with my NAS.  When the NAS boots, everything looks fine but once the boot has completed I cannot access it via the network.  Also, pressing the power button does nothing and the only way to shut it down is to pull the power cable.

I have performed an OS Re-install and have managed to get the device recognised in RAIRar.  However, the device appears, does a file system check and then goes into a status of "Booting".  After a few mins, RAIDar can no longer see the device and it cannot be accessed.  Again, it can only be powered off by pulling the power cable.

I think everything on the disks is ok and it seems to be a problem with the enclosure.  Is there any way to get around this issue?  I have a second enclosure that I could migrate the disks into but am unsure of the process required to do this.

Thanks in advance

Model: RND2000v1|READYNAS DUO v1|EOL
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DClayton1981
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Duo V1 - Boot Problem

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me.  While I am fairly comfortable with ssh/linux, it turned out to be a dead drive.  I booted the NAS with each disk individually and it turned out that one of them was dead.  I have stuck a replacement in this evening and it is currently rebuilding the RAID array.

I did not have a backup as that is why I have a NAS, I thought it was a good enough backup 🙂  Needless to say, anything I cannot afford to loose is now being backed up to the cloud and has been removed from the NAS.

Thanks again for your help.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

This could be a nearly full OS partition.

Are you comfortable with ssh/linux?  Also, do you have a backup of the data?

Message 2 of 4
DClayton1981
Aspirant

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me.  While I am fairly comfortable with ssh/linux, it turned out to be a dead drive.  I booted the NAS with each disk individually and it turned out that one of them was dead.  I have stuck a replacement in this evening and it is currently rebuilding the RAID array.

I did not have a backup as that is why I have a NAS, I thought it was a good enough backup 🙂  Needless to say, anything I cannot afford to loose is now being backed up to the cloud and has been removed from the NAS.

Thanks again for your help.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@DClayton1981 wrote:

Needless to say, anything I cannot afford to lose is now being backed up to the cloud and has been removed from the NAS.

FWIW, I don't really trust the cloud.   But it doesn't have to be either/or.  I do both.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements