× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo v2 - Forgotten Password, New drives

spl211
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Duo v2 - Forgotten Password, New drives

Hi Guys,

I am hoping that I will find my answers here.  

My problem...... I purchased a ReadyNAS Duo v2 a few years back, put in 2 1TB drives and then let my son set it all up for me, hes better at IT than me, my mistake, however, he failed to make a note of the password etc. and when we moved, I stopped using the NAS but now I want to start using it again for my work, HOWEVER, when I plugged it in, it stated that the drives where bad and so I replaced them.

Now what I have is a Nas drive that I cannot access or use due to the password etc, I have tried to follow the instructions for a "Factory Reset", but to be honest, what the instructions say and the nas does are two different things.  So, my question is...

How do I do a Factory Reset with this model OR how can I change the password.

Oh, I have connected it to my new pc, windows 10, 64bit, which will also explain why I cannot acces the drive via the software, hence the need to do a factory reset.

Many thanks 

Simon

Model: ReadyNAS RND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: ReadyNAS Duo v2 - Forgotten Password, New drives

I'm thinking that you really have a Duo V1.  The instructions for a factoy reset of a V1 are different from a V2.  But the reset should have been automatic with new drives, and the resync seems to support that it did.  The firmware version will confirm, or you can look at the part number.  If it ends in -100NAS, it's a V1, regardless of whether it also has a sticker saying it's a "V2". A  -200NAS is what is today referred to as a "V2".  Netgear got sloppy and used "V2" for two entirely different things.

The default login for a Duo V1 is either admin and netgear1 or, if the firmware is very old, admin and infrant1.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10

All Replies
bedlam1
Prodigy

have you tried using the default login: admin and password: password, as your NAS may have factory reset after you inserted your new disks.  

You should also download and install RAIDAR on your PC and let it discover your NAS, as it will give you information about the IP address of your NAS, it's health and Firmware version 

Message 2 of 10
spl211
Aspirant

Hi Bedlam1,

Thanks for the reply.

I have installed Raidar which finds the drives, IP address etc and yes, I have also tried Admin / Password, neither of them worked, all it did was go away and then return wanting me to logon again and as there are only so many variasions of admin & password that you can do......

At the moment, the Raidar says that "Volume C is syncing" which I bellieve that my C drive and the NAS are talking to each other, which is not what I wanted it to do, but that is something that I can sort later once I have access...Hopefully.

Message 3 of 10
bedlam1
Prodigy

That is volume c of your NAS not your PC, let the sync finish

Message 4 of 10
StephenB
Guru

RAIDar also reports the firmware version running on the NAS.  Please let us know that that version is.

Message 5 of 10
Sandshark
Sensei

I'm thinking that you really have a Duo V1.  The instructions for a factoy reset of a V1 are different from a V2.  But the reset should have been automatic with new drives, and the resync seems to support that it did.  The firmware version will confirm, or you can look at the part number.  If it ends in -100NAS, it's a V1, regardless of whether it also has a sticker saying it's a "V2". A  -200NAS is what is today referred to as a "V2".  Netgear got sloppy and used "V2" for two entirely different things.

The default login for a Duo V1 is either admin and netgear1 or, if the firmware is very old, admin and infrant1.

Message 6 of 10
spl211
Aspirant

Hi Stephen,

The model I get from the underside of the drive and it reads "ReadyNAS Duo RND2110 V2"

Model: ReadyNAS Duo

Name: nas-AA-66-DB

Firmware Ver: 4.1.14

Drives: Both with Green Ticks

Message 7 of 10
spl211
Aspirant

Hello Sandshark,

I have entered all of the details in my reply to Stephen above concerning models etc, HOWEVER, having said that, I decided to try your passwords etc, and it worked, I am in the wizard and about to do the "Setup".

Thank you very much, I know where to come IF I mess things up again.

Message 8 of 10
bedlam1
Prodigy

Great news, you should also update your firmware to Version 4.1.16 LINK

You now know you have a DuoV1

Message 9 of 10
spl211
Aspirant

I do, the only annoying thing about it is that ALL of the stickers etc stuck to this box state V2, so you search for the correct info supplied by them and it turns out that the info is incorect and waste a lot of time trying to get things working..... Firmware now updateing so hopefully it is all systems go...........

Guys, I would just like to say thank you for your help and time helping me solve the issues I had with this Nas drive, it is greatly appricated

Simon

Merry Christmas to you and yours, hoping you all enjoy the eating, drinking and merry making.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements