× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS - Multiple Azure Backups with different versions?

AdamLucidity
Follower

ReadyNAS - Multiple Azure Backups with different versions?

Hi all,

I'm running a ReadyNAS 100 series with 6.9.1 firmware 

The end result I am trying to achieve is having the shares on the NAS backed up to Azure with multiple versions so I can recover a file if it is deleted accidently.

If a file is accidently deleted from the NAS I want to be able to flick over the Azure and recover the file, currently it looks like it is doing a 1:1 sync which means an accidental deletion is not recoverable in Azure.

How can I get this going as the Synology I have allows me to use HyperBackup to backup at certain times directly to a third party cloud provider with versioning - hopefully there is something close to this on a Netgear.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Adam

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS - Multiple Azure Backups with different versions?

Hi @AdamLucidity

Welcome to the Community!

ReadyNAS OS 6 storage system automatically protects shared folders and LUNs by taking snapshots which contain references to data on a shared folder, but backing up these snapshots is where you may want to check ReadyDR. However, it does not use Cloud service at this time.

Please see ReadyNAS Backup FAQ, Understanding snapshots and ReadyCloud for more information.

Other users might be using 3rd party software like CrashPlan, Veaam or SecondCopy to backup to Cloud.

Snapshots and ReadyDR might be similar to Hyperbackup you mentioned without the ability to backup to cloud yet.

I would also suggest waiting for other community members to share their insights about what you want to accomplish.

Regards

Message 2 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS - Multiple Azure Backups with different versions?

Hi @AdamLucidity

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements