× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ Data recovery question with 2 drives out of raid 4 still working

Dutchgear
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ Data recovery question with 2 drives out of raid 4 still working

I purchased an other NAS and figured I was going to pull 2 from the 4 drives from my ReadyNAS NV+ with 4 drives running Raid 4 and put them into the new NAS. When the new NAS set up program asked me to configure the 2 drives I installed and I clicked yes, assuming I have 2 drives with the same data. Now I get this message when I try to get access to the ReadyNAS NV+ now with only 2 drives:

"The operation can’t be completed because the original item for “backup” can’t be found." 

I am running Mac OSX and I see the NAS and the folders but when I click on the folders the above mentioned message comes up.

I hope somebody an help me recover my data. Thank you!

Model: ReadyNASRND4000|ReadyNAS NV+ Chassis only
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ Data recovery question with 2 drives out of raid 4 still working

Your NV+ had single redundancy - meaning that your data remained intact if one disk was removed.

You removed two disks - RAID can't recover from that, and the disks you pulled have already been formatted.

RAID recovery softwarelie ReclaiMe might get some of it back, but you should pull the disks from the new NAS right away if you want to try that. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements