× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ v2 stuck in loop, or synching?

denarius1
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ v2 stuck in loop, or synching?

My ReadyNAS NV+ is not appearing in RAIDar, but responds to a ping. All 4 disk lights are on solid and the activity light is blinking steadily. I hear an endlessly repeating pattern of a mechanical sounding ka-chick, ka-chick, ka-chick followed by a beep, repeated about 10 times, followed by a different beep sound.

Should I assume that it is stuck in a loop that won't end without my taking action (e.g. reboot), or that it is in the process of attempting to resync data (and I should therefore leave it alone)?

Thanks for any suggestions. The system in question:

ReadyNAS NV+ v2, RAIDiator 5.3.6, 4x3T Seagate ST3000DM001-9YN166 fw CC4H, X-RAID2, 256MB RAM, UPS APC BE550G

Message 1 of 4
denarius1
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ v2 stuck in loop, or synching?

I decided it was stuck in a loop, and when I could not get it to power down, pulled the plug and rebooted it. It came back up with just the lights for drives 3 & 4 lit. It appears in RAIDar with drives 1 & 2 described as "Not present".

It sent me this email notification:

***** File system check performed at Sun Aug 30 21:17:47 PDT 2015 *****
fsck from util-linux-ng 2.17.2
fsck.ext4: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/c/c
Possibly non-existent device?

Now the lights for drives 1 & 2 are alternating blinking. I'm hoping there's some kind of repair process going on, but suspect it would have sent me another notification if such a process had begun. I'll wait and see.

Message 2 of 4
denarius1
Aspirant

The next day there was no change. Since I was going to be away from the site for some weeks, I powered down the device. I assume that upon my return I will have to investigate the process of drive repair and mount the drives on a PC to troubleshoot their issues.

Message 3 of 4
vandermerwe
Master

Do you have a backup?

It sounds like you may have had drive failures.

If you need to retrieve the data because you have no backup then you should contact Netgear support and be prepared to take out a data recovery contract.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements