× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Pro 6 stuck at Booting...

pcmannen
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Pro 6 stuck at Booting...

The ReadyNAS Pro 6 is running OS 6.4.1. It has 6x 4TB Seagate disks, and has been running OS6 since sept 2013.

About 1,5 weeks ago the NAS got unresponsive. The display was black and didn't respond to the power button. It also didn't respod on SMB, HTTPS or SSH requests.

I held the power button for a hard reset, and the system was running from 21st to 24th, then the same thing happened. I did a hard reset again with the power button, but the system got stuck on Booting... I powered it of on the 25th and started the boot menu. I tried to run a disk test, it counted up the drives (showing numbers for the disks) and started going up from 1%. The next morning the system was still running just reading Testing (can remember exact) in the display.

Now I tried OS Reinstall, but the system has been stuck at Booting... Updating FW (no numbers for the disks are shown in the display). I guess the next thing to try is the USB Recovery?

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS Pro 6 stuck at Booting...

Replied to your PM you sent earlier this morning.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10

All Replies
cpu8088
Virtuoso

perhaps connection problem with the cpu or ram sockets, clean inside for dust?

Message 2 of 10
pcmannen
Aspirant

The NAS has been located in a room with almost no dust, still after almost 3 years there isn't much dust on the fans.

Currently mdgm has contacted me, and hopefully he will get the NAS up and running again.

Message 3 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Replied to your PM you sent earlier this morning.

Message 4 of 10
pcmannen
Aspirant

mdmg got by ReadyNAS up and running again. Data seems to be reserved, but I need to verify with the backup. Remember to read this: Preventing Catastrophic Data Loss

Thanks for the help, it's nice to know that Netgear takes care of their customers Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
cpu8088
Virtuoso

what was wrong in the beginning?

definitely not about backup?

Message 6 of 10
pcmannen
Aspirant

The NAS was unreachable, even after a hard reboot (using power button to restart). The display showed the text Booting... and nothing happened.

Message 7 of 10
cpu8088
Virtuoso

what mgdm did to get it going again?

Message 8 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I wiped the root volume and put a fresh copy of the OS on it.

Message 9 of 10
cpu8088
Virtuoso

good to know

thank u

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation