× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Pro6 HDD and access issues

Rizz0
Follower

ReadyNAS Pro6 HDD and access issues

I have a Pro6 (3+ years old and OS never updated) running 3tbx4 drives (all seagate, running in x-raid) without issue for several months (power supply died 6 months ago and bought replacement and no issues since).  Prior to that it has been 2+ years of no issues whatsoever. I began getting an error about Drive 2 not being protected. I was looking to add drives anyway and thought that drive 2 may be bad as well. I purchased 3 WD Red 3tb drives. 

I am unsure of specific details as we are in the process of moving so I am unsure when things went wrong or if there was a specific issue. We've had some power outages but the unit is on a UPS (one stick of RAM and my video card both went bad on my desktop (also on UPS) so I am sure there were some larger power surges). Altough I am not 100% certain on the timeline, I think the NAS was running without issue even after my RAM and video card stopped working.

As I try to access the NAS from my Windows 7 machine (or SMB share through network streamer (Kodi)), I can see the "media" share (unless this is cached) but I can not access the share (or via file explorer) as it can not be found. Both the ReadyNAS and RAIDar only show dirves in bays 1 and 4. Within RAIDar the file system check is 100%. The setup button is greyed out within RAIDar. My password (or what I thought it was) is not working so I can not access the setup via a web browser either. 

My ultimate goal is to add the 2 new drives to the existing array, and replace drive 2 if it is in fact bad. Then I'd like to change the RAID configuration to allow 2 drives as backup / redunfancy. I'd like to accomplish this without any data loss. Trying to (re)read everything I can and between updating OS, adding and swapping drives I am a little turned around. I'd appreciate any direction.

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS Pro6 HDD and access issues

It sounds like two disks are not detected.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements