× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS won't back up in read only mode

OF
Aspirant
Aspirant

ReadyNAS won't back up in read only mode

Hi everyone,

Our ReadyNas device was playing up last week and we couldn't access any of our files. We put it into Tech Support boot and the Tech team fixed it so by the end of the week it was working perfectly.

Over the weekend it went wrong again and yesterday was saying out_of_memory+300

I tried restarting the device and it just kept getting stuck rebooting. I've put it in read only mode so I can back up our data (device failed before it did the routine back-ups over the weekend) and it just says "source path does not exist" everytime I try and run the normal back up.

Can anyone please help?

1) Can I force the machine to do a back-up another way? (I've tried using the back-up button on the front and through the Admin page - I get the error message on both)

2) Is there an easier way of fixing the out of memory issue (our drive is 60% free) than backing up and doing a factory re-set?

Thanks in advance,

Olivia

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 5
jak0lantash
Mentor

Re: ReadyNAS won't back up in read only mode

@OF wrote:

the Tech team fixed it

If you were dealing with NETGEAR Support, it's best that you contact them again. We don't know what they did to fix the system...

Message 2 of 5
OF
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did yesterday morning and haven't heard anything yet. I was hoping someone else might have an idea so we can get access quickly.

Thanks,

Olivia

Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What's your case number? If you've contacted support I can lookup your case.

Or are you referring to the PMs that we've been having? Can you send in a fresh set of logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Did you change share settings causing quotas to be re-enabled on your volume?

Message 4 of 5
OF
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was refering to our PMs. I downloaded logs about 30 hours ago which I have sent you but we haven't been able to access the Admin page all day today.

You fixed everything and it was working fine on Friday. I didn't change any settings at all and when we can into the office on Monday it was showing the out_of_memory+300 error. It must have failed over the weekend because it had only backed up 1/4 of our routine backups that occur every Saturday. I put it into read only mode on Tuesday so we could at least access our files. I was able to regain access to the Admin page yesterday when in read only mode but it won't work today.

Thanks so much,

Olivia

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements