× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNASRND4000 not accessible

nicolasevens
Aspirant

ReadyNASRND4000 not accessible

Hi,

Since a while I'm having connexion problems with the NAS. Shares would become inaccessible from Windows after a while and NAS had to be rebooted.

Today though, this workaround is not working anymore. After several reboots the shares can't be accessed.

The web interface of the NAS is accessible but not the shares in Windows.

Anyone experienced this? Any idea on how to solve the issue?

Cheers

Nicolas

Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

What firmware do you have installed on the NAS?

Do you have a backup of your data?

Message 2 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello nicolasevens,

In the FrontView, please check if CIFS or SMB is enabled.

What do you get when you type in \\ followed by the IP address of the NAS?

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 3 of 7
nicolasevens
Aspirant

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

I'm running RAIDiator 4.1.15 and CIFS is activated.

After checking further, I realize that the NAS is accessible from my SP4 but not from my desktop. Both are running W10.

So it must be a network issue with my desktop. DNS name of the NAS is not resolved on the desktop while it is on the SP4...

Still wondering why I had to reboot from time to time while the NAS already stops and starts automatically everyday.

Cheers

Message 4 of 7
Mahieu
Aspirant

Re : ReadyNASRND4000 not accessible

You may connect shares in windows using an ip as: \\ip of the nas\name of the share\
Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@nicolasevens wrote:

Still wondering why I had to reboot from time to time while the NAS already stops and starts automatically everyday.

This is often a sign of a filling OS partition - and if it fills all the way, then the NAS will fail to boot.

You could try clearing the logs (without downloading them) and see if the need to reboot stops.

If you use ReadyDLNA, there is an add-on that you can use to move the DLNA cache to the data partition - I suggest you install that if you use DLNA.

Here's a link (you'd need to SPARC download): https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/ReadyDLNA-OS-Partition-Usage/m-p/829401/highlig...

Do you have ssh enabled?

Message 6 of 7
nicolasevens
Aspirant

Thanks for the tips, I'll try all of that 🙂

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation