× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 102 Replicate

Bigpete_h
Aspirant

ReadyNas 102 Replicate

Hello,

I have been using a readynas 102 for a few years and was backing up every day using 2 external hard drives on alternate days. I found that after an update the backup stopped working and after several unsuccessful and expensive visits from an IT tech I just started to do a regular copy and paste which due to the amount of data is now impractical.

I was advised to use replicate and put another Nasserver 102 at home which sounds good as I have an offsite copy safely at home.

The new one is setup and updated to 6.6.1, the original 6.6.0 software.

I have been told by Netgear that because both servers are using version 6... software I can access and setup replicate using my Mynetgear user name and password. It does not work. Ihave a case open but due to the time between do this and do that it is like watching paint dry.

After I updated the new server to ver6 I have noticed that the remote tab under cloud has now disappeared and aside from a few others replicate is still there.

When I turn it on I cannot log in with my normal details and when I try to register it bounces me to remote.netgear page to fill in all my details and then says username or password already used, no matter what I put in.

I seem to be chasing my tail. 

I hope someone can help as I hate not having up to date backups.

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: ReadyNas 102 Replicate

Hello Bigpete_h

to register Replicate service you must create a remote account at http://remote.netgear.com,you can also reset password if you forgot password of your old remote account.

please note Replicate relies on Remote service to work,so  please make sure the DNS server and gateway are correctly configured on your both NAS devices.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello Bigpete_h

to register Replicate service you must create a remote account at http://remote.netgear.com,you can also reset password if you forgot password of your old remote account.

please note Replicate relies on Remote service to work,so  please make sure the DNS server and gateway are correctly configured on your both NAS devices.

Message 2 of 3
Bigpete_h
Aspirant

Hello,

I found the solution on this forum a few days ago. To login to Replicate I had to use my original user name, the one before they migrated over to mynetgear and my new password. Using these details it works a treat.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements