× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNas DUO 2110v2reset network config ONLY

digitalcrunch
Aspirant

ReadyNas DUO 2110v2reset network config ONLY

I am not sure if the ReadyNas Duo has static or DHCP.

I want to reset admin and/or network settings (I can guess passwords if I can connect at least).    However, I do not want to destroy data.

Is there ANY way to connect and see the current IP settings?    It's not showing up on DHCP so I believe it's hard coded to a 10/8 subnet ip.   I have forgotten what it would be though.

Thank you in advance.

Model: ReadyNAS RND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
digitalcrunch
Aspirant

Well... the Model says RND2110-100NAS and it does say v2.     

Your info helped though.   I'll try again with Raidar.  It didn't show me previously so I assumed it had to be in same subnet.     I think if I factory reset it will blow away my data based on what you said.    

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

An OS reinstall will reset the admin password and the network settings.  It isn't destructive (unless something goes horribly wrong).

You do need to be certain about your model before you try this procedure - I'd have picked up quite a bit of money if I received a dollar from every v1 owner who believed they had a v2. 

• A v2 runs 5.3.x firmware, has -200xxx at the end of it's part number, and says "v2" on the front panel.
  • A v1 runs 4.1.x firmware, has -100xxx at the end of it's part number, and might say v2 or even v3 on the back panel label.

RAIDar should also be able to show you the current IP address of the NAS (even if it is using an IP address that is not compatible with your network).  https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar

Message 2 of 4
digitalcrunch
Aspirant

Your info helped though.   I'll try again with Raidar.  It didn't show me previously so I assumed it had to be in same subnet.     I think if I factory reset it will blow away my data based on what you said.    

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

A factory default is certainly destructive, so don't do that.

@digitalcrunch wrote:

Since it ends with -100NAS then it is a v1 (sparc based) NAS - as I explained above.  More precisely, you have hardware revision 2 of the Duo v1.  RAIDar should confirm that by showing it's firmware as 4.1.x.  

The OS reinstall is not destructive, and there is information on how to do that on pages 15-16 here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RND2110/Duov1_NV+v1_HW_en_06Dec11.pdf  It will reset your network configuration to use DHCP and also reset your admin password to netgear1.

You can alternatively set a static IP address on your PC (using a compatible address from your old network), and directly connect the Duo to the PC using ethernet.  Then you can access frontview using http://nas-ip-address/admin.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements