× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Duo V2 Fan speeds up then unit shuts down

irext
Aspirant

ReadyNas Duo V2 Fan speeds up then unit shuts down

My ReadyNas Duo has recently begun shutting down by itself. Before shutting down the fan speeds up and is quite noisy. I suspected dust build up to be the problem but after dismantling the unit found very little dust present. I blew it out with compressed air and reassemled but the problem persists. Any clues??

Irext.

Model: ReadyNAS RND2000|ReadyNAS Duo Chassis only
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas Duo V2 Fan speeds up then unit shuts down

Did you try monitoring the system/disk temps via the web Ui, and see if it is climbing before shutdown?

Message 2 of 4
irext
Aspirant

Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes I did monitor the temp warning and it did report high temp when the fan was running at high speed. It still did this after clearing the chassis of all dust (which was minimal). The fault is intermittent. The unit can run for days without fault after restarting but it eventually re occurs. Could a faulty drive cause this issue? I will, when next able to observe the fault , remove the drives to see the effect.

Many Thanks : Ian T.

Model: ReadyNAS RND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@irext wrote:

Could a faulty drive cause this issue? I will, when next able to observe the fault , remove the drives to see the effect.

I guess it could.  I've had some failed drives that were very hot (though not in a NAS). But you be seeing failed drive warnings (or SMART errors) if that is happening.

The system won't fully boot w/o drives - the OS is installed onto the drives.  Also, don't remove the drives with the system running.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements