× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Duo - Where is my boot menu ?

where_is_my_nas
Aspirant

ReadyNas Duo - Where is my boot menu ?

raidar.PNGModel : Netgear ReadyNas Duo - RND2000 v2

Firmware : 4.1.16

RAIDar : 6.4.0

Hello everyone,

At the beginning of the year, my father-in-law gave me his old Nas Netgear ReadyNas Duo - RND2000 v2. My problem is that my father-in-law had configured it and does not remember his password anymore. I can just plug it into my network and see it appear.

I tested the id admin/password, it does not work either. I tried the form /password_recovery, but the page puts me the message "Sorry, password recovery information is not available". /password_recovery/password_recovery
I try to make a factory reset, but when I turn on my nas with the reset button pressed, it starts normally, without ever turning on all the leds of the Boot menu to choose its option as on this video: https://youtu.be/9e3oWM4dR24?t=183 .

In short, I am a little lost.

On the product page, I saw that there was a firmware update (RAIDiator 5.3) that I could install with USB Recovery Tool: RAIDiator 4.1.

Except that I do not know on which page, I read: "This tool should only be used for the recommendation of NETGEAR Support."

So I wanted to know if I had another solution, or if I had to flash my NAS update with fireware 5.3. I am little affraid to kill my device.

Do you have any advice ?

Thank you,

PS: I am sorry for my approximate English, I am still learning.

Model: ReadyNAS RND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
where_is_my_nas
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNas Duo - Where is my boot menu ?

As I continued to study the documentation, I realized that the Rear Panel pictures do not match with my device. While I'm on the right code product page registered under the device : RND2000v2. The documentation refers to this manual while my device corresponds to this manual.

I did the Factory Reset procedure as for ReadyNas RND1xxx and not as for RND2xxx as my model and it works.

If I can get some advice, even if you are on the technical page of your NAS, check all, even the images.

Thank you Netgear for the time lost.

Best regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
where_is_my_nas
Aspirant

As I continued to study the documentation, I realized that the Rear Panel pictures do not match with my device. While I'm on the right code product page registered under the device : RND2000v2. The documentation refers to this manual while my device corresponds to this manual.

I did the Factory Reset procedure as for ReadyNas RND1xxx and not as for RND2xxx as my model and it works.

If I can get some advice, even if you are on the technical page of your NAS, check all, even the images.

Thank you Netgear for the time lost.

Best regards

Message 2 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Netgear made a huge blunder and re-used the "V2" designation.  There are even NASs that say they are a "V3".  But your NAS is clearly a V1 since it runs OS 4.1.x.  A true V2 matches the inage you found.  You cannot upgrade a V1 to OS 5.x or 6.x.

I see many people selling V1 NASes on eBay as V2 or V3 because that's what's on the paper label.  But the pictures clearly show they are a "true" V1.  So, buyer beware.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements