× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 312 fw update failed

smallsoldier
Aspirant

Readynas 312 fw update failed

Have just done update to latest firmware last night on 2 readynas's, luckily the remote one did ok, but the one here with me failed and now says management service is offline. I have ssh access, has anyone any idea's? I have tried usb install and os reset but both fail, would rather keep the data I have on the device.

Model: RN31222D|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas 312 fw update failed

If you have updated to 6.7.3 and ran into this issue immediately after the upgrade please try USB Boot Recovery with ReadyNAS OS 6.7.4 which is now available!

If you have not yet upgraded please upgrade to 6.7.4 rather than 6.7.3. If your system has already been fixed I would still suggest updating to 6.7.4 the normal way using the web admin GUI.

smallsoldier if you can't do the USB Boot Recovery or that doesn't resolve it for you please see the suggestion in my PM. Welcome to the community!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello smallsoldier,

Did you just upgrade to 6.7.3? Could you please check on the display screen of the unit? Please also chec if you can still get to the files.

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you have updated to 6.7.3 and ran into this issue immediately after the upgrade please try USB Boot Recovery with ReadyNAS OS 6.7.4 which is now available!

If you have not yet upgraded please upgrade to 6.7.4 rather than 6.7.3. If your system has already been fixed I would still suggest updating to 6.7.4 the normal way using the web admin GUI.

smallsoldier if you can't do the USB Boot Recovery or that doesn't resolve it for you please see the suggestion in my PM. Welcome to the community!

Message 3 of 7
smallsoldier
Aspirant

USB boot recovery worked and NAS is now on latest update - Thx for your help 🙂 

Message 4 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thanks for letting us know.

I've manually updated some systems to 6.7.4 and that's worked well as well.

Message 5 of 7
4redstars
Guide

I have been trying to get my RN312 back up after the last firmware upgrade and have tried the usb recovery tool. NOthing has worked so far. I've plugged it into an HDMI port on my monitor.

I was barely able to read half of what was on the screen as it was mostly code but there was an LZMA error.

Does anyone know a reason the USB tool wouldn't work / any other options?

DOes the USB drive have to be in a certain port? Have to hold backup for 15 seconds but should I hold power for the same time?

Message 6 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You could be using an incompatible USB key or it could not be setup correctly. You may wish to have a look at post 42 of this thread.

You would press and hold the backup button

Turn the NAS on by pressing the power button briefly
Continue to press and hold the backup button

It's expected that the USB key would be plugged into the front USB port.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements