× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas Duo and Photo

Follower
Follower

Readynas Duo and Photo

Hi
I have recently just bought a Readynas Duo and is trying to figure out how to share the photos. I have found out that it is not the Readynas Duo v2 wich is currently supported but the older one with Sparc CPU. This one was bought new from the store. where can I find the software needed to access the photos? Just for the record I am using a MacBook with Lion OS, and when I try the download link accessed from the download page wich opens from Frontview the link is obviously removed...what are my options here??
I am a bit frustrated but this case will hopefully be resolved.
Message 1 of 2
pugilares
Aspirant

Re: Readynas Duo and Photo

Netgear does not support readynas photos for ReadyNas Duo v1 (SPARC) anymore.

But this is not really a problem nowadays. Readynas photos for Duo v1 was pretty cumbersome and obsolete. You can go for something like simpleviewer or any other of many similar tools available for free or for cheap nowadays. Some photo-editing software packages have also built-in tools to create web galleries with many patterns to choose from (e.g. Adobe Lightroom TM). So you create gallery with your preferred tool and you place it in the folder on your ReadyNas Duo (v1) which you made accessible from the web through http and that's it. Then you just email the link to your friends/family/clients.

Personally I prefer this way than ReadyNas Photos.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements