× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas Ultra 4 Upgraded to 6.0

michaeljwestii
Aspirant

Readynas Ultra 4 Upgraded to 6.0

Greetings,

I just finished upgrading my Utra 4 from OS4 to OS6, everything went well and works fine.  I do however have 2 shares that I can't find.  Somehow, I have a share called FTP and a share called Games that I can't find anywhere or access.  For FTP, I can connect, but the session is read only and I am stuck.  The share Games does not appear on the Shares tab, or in /data.  When I try logging in, I get prompted for a password, but admin does not work. 

Has anyone faced this before, and what can I do to fix it?  I do actually need a share called Games, so if it exists I would like to use it.

Thanks

Mike 

Model: ReadyNAS RNDU4000|ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Chassis only
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas Ultra 4 Upgraded to 6.0

It looks like you created a user called ‘games’ (no quotes) and a home directory was created for this user. If you login as games you should see this share.

Message 2 of 5
michaeljwestii
Aspirant

Thanks, but I only have the default admin account. I didn't create any other accounts or groups.
Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Do you see any user accounts under Security > User & Group Accounts?

Message 4 of 5
michaeljwestii
Aspirant

In the Accounts tab, for the user section there is only Admin.  For the group section there are admin and users.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements