× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas duo v1

vitk
Follower

Readynas duo v1

Hello, I have a Readynas duo v1. (Rnd2000-100NAS) w 2 2TB disks.

the network interface on the device stopped working (Netgear support confirmed that), so I need to extract the data from the disks.

i connected the 1st disk from the NAS to my win machine (via SATA interface) and tried to use the ext2fsd utility installed on the pc to access the data. 

I am able to mount the disk, and see it in FileExplorer. I see and can access all the NAS OS -related files. As to the my data files, I can see 3 files with the names of the shares I created on the NAS when I used it in the Netgear. These 3 files are symlinks, pointing, I assume somewhere where the actual data is, but I can't follow these links in the File Explorer.

any advice as to how to get to the actual data?

thanks!

Model: ReadyNASRND2120|ReadyNAS Duo 2TB (2 X 1TB)
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas duo v1

I suggest trying R-linux for Windows ( http://www.r-tt.com/free_linux_recovery/ ) and see if it can access the data partition.

If not, try using disk 2 instead.  The parity drive doesn't have a data partition on the v1 (though the data is mirrored to that area anyway). Usually the parity drive is disk 2, but it can sometimes be disk 1.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements