× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas rnd2110 duo web interface not reachable

Schimm
Aspirant

Readynas rnd2110 duo web interface not reachable

Hi,

i have been browsing this forum for a while to find a solution to this problem but can't seem to find any.

I have an old readynas rnd2110 duo that's not been used for a while. When i boot it up now i can reach it fine in the file explorer but the web interface refuses to work. I am guessing its something wrong with the web service running on it however i cant find a way to remote into the machine and try to fix it since SSH never was enabled on it.

So far i have tried to do an OS-reinstall and a factory reset without result. I also tried to put a fresh drive into it but this changed nothing. I have tried to reach it from several diffrent computers and even a cellphone without results.

It appears to be running firmware version 4.1.6.

Any tips of what i can try next?

Model: ReadyNAS RND2110|ReadyNAS Duo
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas rnd2110 duo web interface not reachable

@Schimm wrote:

Once i have done what i believe to be a factory reset (hold the reset button until both hdd lights flash a second time, roughly 25-30 seconds after starting it) i have to select a raid setup. Since i only have one drive in i choose the first option.

If you did the raid setup, you definitely did a factory reset.  I don't recall the order of the options.  But XRAID is fine even with one disk, though if you add a second disk the system automatically gives you RAID-1.  FlexRAID would give you the option of adding a second disk for either more storage (as a second volume) or for redundancy (RAID-1).

After that, you must have either configured the shares, or just used the default shares that the system created.  Either way, the system setup was done through the web interface (RAIDar launched it for you).  Then you must have reloaded the data from a backup.

The password would have been reset to netgear1, but you should have had the option to change that during the system setup.

@Schimm wrote:

Something i also noticed since the last time i did the factory reset is that the fan never slows down. It always run at full speed. Is this normal?

It is not normal.

I am thinking you should probably power down and test the disk drive in a Windows PC (Seatools for Seagate disks, Lifeguard for Western Digital).  If the disk looks healthy, you can try another factory reset.  One option is to zero the drive as one of your diagnostic tests - if you do that, the NAS will automatically do a factory install when you power it up with the disk inserted.

Overall, you have a NAS that is at least 8-9 years old - newer NAS have larger disk capacities, more features, and are much faster.  You might consider investing in a new one.  My own Duo v1 is still in service (as a secondary backup), but when/if it fails I won't invest much money or time into keeping it going. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

So you don’t even get a login prompt?

Are you going to https://ip.address.of.nas/admin ?

Message 2 of 7
Schimm
Aspirant

Hi and thanks for your reply.

Yes i have been going to that address manually aswell as with the raidar-button.

All it says when i browse to the page is "page not available".I dont get any login prompts at all. If i turn off the NAS i get the same message if i try to browse however it takes for longer for it to show up.

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

A factory reset should certainly have fixed it.  That would have forced you to set up the NAS again, and restore all the data from your backup.  Did you go through that process?

Also, the OS reinstall would have reset the admin password to netgear1.  Did it?

I'm sorting out whether you are navigating the boot menu successfully, since that can be challenging on a NAS with no LCD panel.

Message 4 of 7
Schimm
Aspirant

Hi,

Once i have done what i believe to be a factory reset (hold the reset button until both hdd lights flash a second time, roughly 25-30 seconds after starting it) i have to select a raid setup. Since i only have one drive in i choose the first option. This is all done with Raidar. I am unable to check the password since i have no idea where this should be applied if not on the web interface. I can browse to the shares without adding a password on both my computers.

Something i also noticed since the last time i did the factory reset is that the fan never slows down. It always run at full speed. Is this normal?

Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@Schimm wrote:

Once i have done what i believe to be a factory reset (hold the reset button until both hdd lights flash a second time, roughly 25-30 seconds after starting it) i have to select a raid setup. Since i only have one drive in i choose the first option.

If you did the raid setup, you definitely did a factory reset.  I don't recall the order of the options.  But XRAID is fine even with one disk, though if you add a second disk the system automatically gives you RAID-1.  FlexRAID would give you the option of adding a second disk for either more storage (as a second volume) or for redundancy (RAID-1).

After that, you must have either configured the shares, or just used the default shares that the system created.  Either way, the system setup was done through the web interface (RAIDar launched it for you).  Then you must have reloaded the data from a backup.

The password would have been reset to netgear1, but you should have had the option to change that during the system setup.

@Schimm wrote:

It is not normal.

I am thinking you should probably power down and test the disk drive in a Windows PC (Seatools for Seagate disks, Lifeguard for Western Digital).  If the disk looks healthy, you can try another factory reset.  One option is to zero the drive as one of your diagnostic tests - if you do that, the NAS will automatically do a factory install when you power it up with the disk inserted.

Overall, you have a NAS that is at least 8-9 years old - newer NAS have larger disk capacities, more features, and are much faster.  You might consider investing in a new one.  My own Duo v1 is still in service (as a secondary backup), but when/if it fails I won't invest much money or time into keeping it going. 

Message 6 of 7
Schimm
Aspirant

Hi again and thanks alot for the help.

I probably will give up with this since it feels like its more work than its worth. I will just buy a new one. As you said a new one will be alot better in all possible ways :-). Thanks all for trying though. Much appreciated.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements