× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readynas seem kind of slow, How do I check volume, scan hard drive,etc.?

miogpsrocks
Tutor

Readynas seem kind of slow, How do I check volume, scan hard drive,etc.?

Readynas seem kind of slow, How do I check volume, scan hard drive,etc.?

Firmware 6.9.2 Readynas Pro

4TB drives X 6 bays. 

15% disk space free. 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
bedlam1
Prodigy

You need to be on System/Volumes tab and double click the "Gearwheel" on the left

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Try benchmarking the speed with Nastester: http://www.808.dk/?code-csharp-nas-performance

There are several maintenance functions on the volume settings wheel (balance, disk test, scrub, and defrag).

Message 2 of 8
miogpsrocks
Tutor

@StephenB wrote:

Try benchmarking the speed with Nastester: http://www.808.dk/?code-csharp-nas-performance

There are several maintenance functions on the volume settings wheel (balance, disk test, scrub, and defrag).

Are the maintenance functions such as balance, disk test, scrub and defrag part of the Nastester prograNetgear Readynas2.JPGm or something that should be there already? 

I do not see these fuctions Xraid, format, global spare, new volume are teh only options I see. 

Please advice. 

Message 3 of 8
bedlam1
Prodigy

You will find the maintenance functions if you click on the "gearwheel" shown in the box on the left of your screenshot

Message 4 of 8
miogpsrocks
Tutor

@bedlam1 wrote:

You will find the maintenance functions if you click on the "gearwheel" shown in the box on the left of your screenshot

Click on the file to get a detailed screen shot. 

There are services, update, configuration & backup, alerts, support but not option to scan the hard drive for errors, defrag or any other option? 

Please advice. 

Netgear screenshot1.JPG

Message 5 of 8
miogpsrocks
Tutor

Message 6 of 8
bedlam1
Prodigy

You need to be on System/Volumes tab and double click the "Gearwheel" on the left

Message 7 of 8
miogpsrocks
Tutor

@bedlam1 wrote:

Ok, I finally found it. 

I must say that it appears to be part of general specs of the system and did not realize there are control features there. I have been using Readynas since they came out with infrant and I find that placement very confusing. 

I have spent like a hour looking for these features and I would have never looked there in a million years. 

Its like some werid placement of something you move  in the house to open the entrence to the batcave so you could hide it in plain sight. 

Anyway, thanks for the help. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements