× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Recover data from a broken ReadyNAS NV+ RND42210

paggen
Aspirant

Recover data from a broken ReadyNAS NV+ RND42210

My old RadyNAS NV+ just died. The Power Unit more or less exploded. I tried to replace it, but it seems that there are other damages as well. 

How can I recover data from my 4 HDDs? I do not remember which RAID-setting I used.

To use R-Studio, I need details about the RAID configuration. Does anyone knows where to find these details?

I also have a ReadyNAS Ultra2 at another location. This one also has 4 slots. Is it possible to use that NAS to recover data?

Does anyone knows if there is any NV+ compatible NAS?

Any suggestions or guidance are appretiated.

Message 1 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Recover data from a broken ReadyNAS NV+ RND42210

The Ultra 2 is a 2-bay not a 4-bay. Do you mean Ultra 4?

We do have a procedure but it requires using an OS6 NAS and help from support (additional costs involved). See ReadyNAS: Migrating disks from RAIDiator to OS 6

Welcome to the Community!

Message 2 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

Well, somebody is looking to give away a couple of NV+'s TWO-ReadyNAS-NV-s-v1-available-to-a-new-home/m-p/1251038#U1251038

Message 3 of 7
paggen
Aspirant

Thanks!

It is a 4 bays Ultra running Radiator 4.2.30 the serial number is 2PG631030005F 

I understand that I can not just insert my 4 old discs from my broken NV+ NAS into this NAS to recover the data, but if I migrate my Ultra 4 to OS, it will be possible?

Any other benefits by migrating to OS?

You also wrote that technical support nedds to be involved. Any idea of the cost?

Message 4 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

It is possible for support to attempt data recovery using OS6 following some special steps but they would need a unit that shipped with OS6 to do this.

I believe data recovery starts at about $200 USD for the initial diagnostics, but support can confirm what the current pricing is.

Message 5 of 7
paggen
Aspirant

I need to replace the broken NV+. If I buy a ReadyNAS RN214 running OS 6, is it then possible to insert my 4 old disks from the broken NV+ and recover the data?

Message 6 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello paggen,

It may be difficult. Please see this article

Regards,

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos