× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Reduce Rescan Media Time

Daffsters
Follower

Reduce Rescan Media Time

Running RAIDiator 4.1.14

I have somewhere around 1000 home video clips of my family which I add to a few times a year under a Video folder on the standard media share.  In the same Video folder, I also have a number of movies that I have copied in order to stream to my TV, then delete and add more, etc.  Is there a way to configure 2 separate shares, folders or setup a configuration where I can separate the 1000 family videos to so that they aren't rescanned everytime I add or delete a movie that I want to stream?  The re-scan takes about an hour everytime even though only 10 or fewer files have been added or deleted.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Model: ReadyNASRND2110|ReadyNAS Duo
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Reduce Rescan Media Time

You can put the videos in any share, you are not limited to media.  You configure the share list for ReadyDLNA in services->Streaming Services.

That might reduce the time it takes for ReadyDLNA to automatically add the new files.  But of course it won't reduce the total scan time, unless you stop using ReadyDLNA for the home videos.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements