× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Removing the NAS from AD

rme312
Follower

Removing the NAS from AD

I have a ReadyNas 2100 that is currently on AD authentication mode. I would like to take it off the domain and put it on user mode authentication. However, I am concernced I will lose access to my existing shares. Does anyone know if that is the case? 

Model: ReadyNAS RNRX4410|ReadyNAS 2100
Message 1 of 3
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: C7100V - Does it have a Pass Through Mode (bridge mode)?

Hello rme312,

I have changed the title of this topic to Removing the NAS from AD as it appears to be not related to your concern.

Removing the NAS from AD makes it lose all users that the AD loaded to the NAS. Each user has a home share, so if these users will be gone, you also lose home share of each user. The best thing to do here is backup the data. Anyway, we strongly recommend to always have full backup of the data as it is not a good idea to store important files to just one device.

Once you remove the NAS from AD, the shares you created in the NAS volume will still be there, you can simply just change the permission of each share to Everyone and/or Allow anonymous access.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Removing the NAS from AD

Hello rme312,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements