× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Reshape was proseeded after changing disk

NasipovFarit
Aspirant

Reshape was proseeded after changing disk

Hi!

At first i should say sorry for really dumb case...

Ok. I had ReadyNAS NV+ v2 with 3 HDD (X-RAID2)

Few hours ago I decide to install new 3Tb disk (let's call it RED) - system start reshape.

But in short time I saw that new disk had Raw Read Errors (54) so it was no reason to use this disk.

At the same time I had another disk, not new - but in good conditiion (let's call it GREEN)...

So I suppouse that it is possible just interrupt proccess and install second disk...

And I remove RED disk (without stopping NAS, using hot-swap) - and just install GREEN disk.... At that moment NAS show about 2.7% reshape progress...

Ok, I change disk, after this restart NAS... NAS saw new disk - and just proceed reshape progress!! Not from 0% - but from 2.8%...

So now I'm it trouble!

First question is - How it's possible not restart reshape form zero after changing disk???

Second question - What with first 2.7% ? They was processed on RED disk, not on GREEN. Are they lost? Corrupted? Reliable?

And third question - What I should to do now???

Sorry for stupid case, but I have approx 3 Tb data on this NAS and need some good advices....

Model: ReadyNASRND4210v2|ReadyNAS NV+ v2
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Are you seeing all your data?  (if your other two disks are ok then you should be...  But its important to check that now).

If you are, then back it up!

Message 2 of 5
NasipovFarit
Aspirant

Yes, see them!

And, of course, backing right now, it will take extra 28-30 hours...

But what to do after? Will be this disk set corrupted?

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@NasipovFarit wrote:

Will be this disk set corrupted?

I don't think so.  

You might want to unformat/zero the green disk before trying to reinsert it again.  Or get a replacement for the red.

Message 4 of 5
NasipovFarit
Aspirant

StephenB, THANKS A LOT!

"might want to unformat/zero the green disk" - of course! that is a simpliest and sure way after full back up...

Guys, sorry for throubling, seems like sleep deprivation couse some little perplexity 🙂

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements