× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Restart Apache without SSH?

geoldr
Tutor

Restart Apache without SSH?

Hi everyone

Having an issue with my ReadyNAS 104. I installed the Netgear PhotoII app, and it crashed when logging in for the first time:

I could not login or create any users, so I just decided to scrap the idea and delete the app.

After deleting, it looks like Apache crashed since I can't get back into the web interface but my SMB & FTP services are still working. Unfortunately, I don't have SSH enabled. I searched online, and it looks like the Photo II app is bugged and leaves some bad configuration files around which causes Apache to not start.

Is there any way I can get everything back online without doing a factory reset? Doing a factory reset takes ~3 days since it has to rebuild the RAID array (4x 4TB drives).

Of course I tried rebooting the device, but it's the same problem. No web access!
Message 1 of 4
chirpa
Luminary

Ping mdgm on here. He can instruct you how to boot into tech support mode, where he can fix it remotely.
Message 2 of 4
geoldr
Tutor

chirpa wrote:
Ping mdgm on here. He can instruct you how to boot into tech support mode, where he can fix it remotely.

Thank you. I will send him a PM.

BTW I tried a reboot, still no apache... So looks like I will have to have mdgm help me out.
Message 3 of 4
geoldr
Tutor

Super-Pousin was able to remote in and fix the ReadyNAS! It looks like the config file was left over and was causing issues with Apache starting. Happy to say I am back online now VERY quickly. You guys are awesome!
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements