× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

(SOLVED) RNDuo RAIDiator 4.1.8 upgrade fails (case#17836591)

souni
Aspirant

(SOLVED) RNDuo RAIDiator 4.1.8 upgrade fails (case#17836591)

Hello,

I have ReadyNAS Duo (RND2000-100ISS) so I guess it is v1. It has been sending emails for me about the new firmware:
---8<------8<---
A newer version of the firmware for your ReadyNAS device is now available. Your ReadyNAS will download the update and send you further instructions once the download is completed.

Name: RAIDiator
Version: 4.1.8
Date: Fri Sep 2 03:50:46 2011
Size: 56692224
Description: http://www.readynas.com/RAIDiator_4_1_8_Notes
---8<------8<---

However it hasn't send me further instructions and I think it's because it can't find right image. Here is log message I found from Frontview:
---8<------8<---
Mon Feb 6 01:47:10 EET 2012 Error encountered uploading update image.
---8<------8<---

I also tried do update manually by going "System" -> "Update" -> "Check for Update" and after update is found "Perform System Update". But after a while upgrade fails and it says "Error encountered uploading update image."

I also tried to download image to my local disk from: http://www.readynas.com/?p=5827 (that link was provided with upgrade notification). After selecting image from local disk and pressing "Upload and verify image"-button it says: "The firmware update or Add-on image is valid. Click Perform System Update if you wish to install the image now." However after pressing "Perform System Update" it says: "Invalid checksum detected in the update file. Update aborted."

So what should I do to get upgrade success?

Best regards,
Jouni
Message 1 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS Duo RAIDiator 4.1.8 upgrade fails

What version of RAIDiator are you currently running?

Have you tried doing an OS Re-install (http://www.readynas.com/kb/faq/boot/how_do_i_use_the_boot_menu) then attempting to install the update again?

Did the update download properly? What is the size of the copy of the image on your computer?
Message 2 of 12
souni
Aspirant

Current version is RAIDiator 4.1.7 [1.00a043].

I haven't tried OS Re-install yet, thanks for advice. Is there any risk of losing data or share and backup settings during re-install?

I loaded the upgrade multiple times and the size was always the same 56 692 224 bytes.
Message 3 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

souni wrote:

I haven't tried OS Re-install yet, thanks for advice. Is there any risk of losing data or share and backup settings during re-install?

OS Re-install doesn't touch the data.
souni wrote:

I loaded the upgrade multiple times and the size was always the same 56 692 224 bytes.

That's the correct size.

What web browser are you using?

Perhaps try a different web browser?
Message 4 of 12
souni
Aspirant

I'm using FF 10.0 and tested also with Safari 5.1.2.
Message 5 of 12
souni
Aspirant

I did try the OS Re-install, but no help. 😞
Message 6 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Contact NetGear tech support (http://www.readynas.com/support) for assistance. Please edit the thread title (i.e. subject of first post in the thread to include your case number). Let us know how you get on.
Message 7 of 12
souni
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Duo RAIDiator 4.1.8 upgrade fails (case #178365

Thanks for your help. Hope that NetGear tech support finds out what is the problem.
Message 8 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Shouldn't be too hard for them to identify. One possibility is that the OS partition is quite full for some reason.
Message 9 of 12
souni
Aspirant

I have enabled root access, maybe this explains?
# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/hdc1 1.9G 2.0G 1.8M 100% /
tmpfs 16k 0 16k 0% /USB
/dev/c/c 1.8T 490G 1.3T 27% /c
Message 10 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Yes. OS partition is full. Only 1.8MB free on 2GB OS partition.

So a backup job gone wrong, a log not getting truncated for some reason or some other reason are all possibilities.
Message 11 of 12
souni
Aspirant

It was weird that sum of disk usages of folders and files at / didn't seem to match with usage of 1.9G. So I unmounted /c and found that under it was huge amount of data. I suppose I had somehow got my rsync to copy contents there when c wasn't mounted. I removed stuff from there and upgrade success. No I just have to reconnect to my ReadyNAS again some how. 🙂 Thanks for helping me out.
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements