× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SQL ERROR 11 [database disk image is malformed]

sel1
Aspirant

SQL ERROR 11 [database disk image is malformed]

Hi, had my ReadyNAS DUO about a week now and have been enjoying ReadyDLNA. Today started having some issues with it. First Windows Media Player wouldn't show any of the music anymore (tried on two different PC's). After rebooting the NAS and PC's, with no success, decided to rebuild the index. After a couple of hours it stopped, but the index was incomplete (but did at least now appear in Media Player). Out of the 20,000 odd music files I have, only 798 were in the index. Downloaded the upnp-av.log and found:

[2009/07/27 17:30:22] scanner.c:808: warn: Scanning /c/media finished (50483 files)!
[2009/07/27 17:30:23] sql.c:49: error: SQL ERROR 11 [database disk image is malformed]
SELECT count(*) from DETAILS where SIZE is NULL and PATH is not NULL

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 7
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Re: SQL ERROR 11 [database disk image is malformed]

Weird. I've never seen that before. What if you turn off Automatic Updates and rescan?
Message 2 of 7
sel1
Aspirant

For info, I have found one other post where someone else has got a similar error: http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30181&p=166770&hilit=SQL+ERROR+11#p166770

I have done another rescan and the SQL error didn't happen this time. However, I am in a really weird state now. The index of my media does seem complete - I have evidence of this as I can access it from 360 and PS3. However, I can't access Music from within Windows Media Player (but I can access Video). WMP just sits there saying "Contacting the Remote Media Library.....". At the start I can see the ReadyNAS activity LED flash for a short time, then it stops. I have tried from scratch this morning and the log file does have a error in it - some kind of network hand shaking error??

[2009/07/28 10:14:53] minidlna.c:664: warn: Starting ReadyDLNA version 1.0.15.
[2009/07/28 10:14:54] minidlna.c:744: warn: HTTP listening on port 8200
[2009/07/28 10:32:55] upnphttp.c:970: error: send(res_buf): Connection reset by peer

I haven't tried turning AutoUpdate off - any reason for trying this? Just as a test or as a perm solution - if the latter then that is a bit fundamental to me as it takes a couple of hours to index my media.

It isn't fundamental to me that it works in WMP - My kids use it on a laptop as a way to access the music, but I could solve this another way if push came to shove. Just a bit concerned that there is something more fundamental wrong.

Thanks
Message 3 of 7
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

I was suggesting that just as a test. So PS3 does not show the complete library? What's missing?
Message 4 of 7
sel1
Aspirant

Skywalker wrote:
I was suggesting that just as a test. So PS3 does not show the complete library? What's missing?

Where I am currently:

- Index of media on ReadyNAS is fully complete

- PS3, Can access all media: Video, Pictures, Music

- 360, Can access all media: Video, Pictures, Music

- WMP, Can access Video only. Music/Pictures seem to time out with the error I detailed in previous post. Have tried this on two PC's - one running Vista and the other Windows 7 RC. WMP did use to work without any problem on both PC's.

I also tried turning off the "Auto Update" flag. Didn't make any difference.
Message 5 of 7
Etz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having a very same Issue now, and DLNA doesnt seem to work at all...

Using latest firmware on my DUO and latest ReadyDLNA 😞
Message 6 of 7
Etz
Aspirant
Aspirant

As I see, this error resolves by itself, if you do rescan, and do not conect ReadyNAS until it completes... 😉
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements