× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Security Option Missing from Menu ReadyNas NV+

MTUser2013
Tutor

Security Option Missing from Menu ReadyNas NV+

I have one ReadyNas NV+ on a windows domain that I liked as a storage option so I bought another and set it up on the domain (Windows Server 2012 R2). In comparing my setups through the menu, I noticed that I don't have a security tab for the original ReadyNAS NV+, just Admin password and user accounts. On the new machine I just set up, it has the extra option of security that I used to to join it to the domain.

I don't understand why one machine doesn't have the security option. Both machines are running the 4.1.15 firmware.

What am I missing?

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Security Option Missing from Menu ReadyNas NV+

Hi MTUser2013,

Please try the following credentials:

Username: admin

Password: netgear1

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello MTUser2013,

I guess you can try clearing the browser cache first, then try to access its FrontView again. Also, if you can access the shares and files of this NAS that has no Security mode option, the best thing you can do next it perhaps back up the data then factory reset it and reinstall it then check the FrontView.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
StephenB
Guru

These are both NV+, correct?  A duo v1 also runs 4.1.15 but doesn't support AD security.

Message 3 of 8
MTUser2013
Tutor

Yes, both are ReadyNAS RND4410 units.

Model: ReadyNASRND4410|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 4 of 8
MTUser2013
Tutor

Hello,

Thanks for the help. I tried your suggestions about clearing the cache etc and looking in Frontview. The option did not appear. I did not want to do a factory reset as I have a lot of files on the unit. I did try the firmware reinstall option from the boot menu. I know this option destroys the set admin password, but I thought it reset the unit to factory defaults: admin and password? I cannot get into the unit using this combination.

Do I have the correct default combination? I googled it and found a netgear KB article.

Model: ReadyNASRND4410|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 5 of 8
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MTUser2013,

Please try the following credentials:

Username: admin

Password: netgear1

Regards,

Message 6 of 8
MTUser2013
Tutor

Thank you for the help. That worked. Unfortunately, I still don't have the security option in the FrontView menu. I will take your advice and do a factory reset once I get my files off of the unit.

Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@MTUser2013 wrote:

Thank you for the help. That worked. Unfortunately, I still don't have the security option in the FrontView menu. I will take your advice and do a factory reset once I get my files off of the unit.

You could clone the disks of the unit that as the AD menu, then put the clones into the other unit (powered down).  Then shut down the unit that has it, then boot the other.  Change the host name, and any other settings (for instance the IP address if you are using a static one), and than start up the power-down unit.

Rather brute force, but it should get you there.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements