× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

(Seemingly) Random Shutdown

navigat0
Aspirant

(Seemingly) Random Shutdown

Our ReadyNas NV+ is exhibiting some very odd behavior recently. It will simply shut down (nicely) as if someone had logged in and issued a shutdown command at random intervals. This has happened twice. Each time there are two log entries in Simplified Chinese (Mandarin)

请关闭本浏览窗口, 重启系统后, 请使用RAIDar重新连接. 系统关机中...translates to "Please close the browser window, restart the system, please use RAIDar to reconnect the system shutdown in..."
and
关机 which translates to "OFF"

We have no scheduled power setting. We have no UPS monitoring. I'm not sure what else could automate a shutdown like this.

Anyone else seeing this? Know how to fix/ prevent this?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
sphardy1
Apprentice

Re: (Seemingly) Random Shutdown

What language do you normally use? Is the NAS internet accessible?

Any operation in Frontview is directly accessible if you a) Figure the URL and b) have admin access - just wondering if you might have been hacked? Language is normally detected based on browser settings so the Chinese would indicate a someone accessing from a Chinese language browser

You could download your logs and check for remote access
Message 2 of 3
navigat0
Aspirant

Re: (Seemingly) Random Shutdown

Normal Language=English (US)
All other logs entries are in English and the device otherwise operates normally. This issue (it appears) started with the prior firmware version, and continues even after installing the latest firmware. The device is not directly accessible from the internet and has been running the same hardware and configuration for over 5 years now. I've always updated the firmware via the software notification/ update interface in Frontview.

I'll download the logs and take a gander at the access and report my findings. Thanks for the reply.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements