× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SetProtocolCollection failed. Error 1002030827

Jzombie
Aspirant

SetProtocolCollection failed. Error 1002030827

I have a ReadyNAS rn10200 and have just started getting error 1002030827 "setProtocolCollection failed" when changing folder permissions.  I tried to create a brand new folder as a test but got the same error, so it seems I can't change folder permissions or create new folders successfully.  Upon creating the folder, ignoring the error gives me the folder anyway but I can't do anything with it, except delete it.

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone resolved it without factory reset?  The NAS is less than half full.  Balancing the volume made no difference and I can still access existing shares in read and write mode.

Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: SetProtocolCollection failed. Error 1002030827

What firmware?

Are you creating the folder within a share?

Message 2 of 7
Jzombie
Aspirant

Was using the ReadyNAS terminology, sorry.  I get the error when creating or amending a share. What's weird is that if I ignore the message the new share is created.  If I ignore the message when making changes to permissions of an existing share, my changes appear lost although in fact they're not.  If I refresh the admin page, the share permissions are updated.  Firmware version is 6.2.5 up to date.

I've never bothered with the built in antivirus as I rely on my PC to take care of that (and allow no other machines to connect). However, I find now that I can't activate it even if I wanted to as the NAS just doesn't turn it on.  I can click the link on the admin page which brings up the dialogue box but selecting 'enable real time scanning' does nothing and the AV status remains disabled.

I recently tried out DVBlink as an experiment, trying out my NAS as a network TV tuner.  Worked great but when I noticed this issue I uninstalled (which didn't help). Can't say that before then I'd made any changes to shares recently so the issue may or may not be connected...

Message 3 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What web browser and version are you using?

Do you still see the issue if you try a different web browser?

Message 4 of 7
Jzombie
Aspirant

I've tried with IE11, Edge, Firefox and Opera. Made no difference unfortunately.  Frustrating .

Message 5 of 7
Jzombie
Aspirant

...nothing showing in logs. However this is odd as I'd expect the creation of a new share to show up, since the destruction of one does...

Message 6 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Please send me the logs zip file (see the Sending Logs link in my sig).

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements